Monday 26 January 2015

Learning Walk Focusing on Inclusion

Last week I did a learning walk with Mrs Comer and Mrs Jessop. We visited each classroom for a short time, giving us a snapshot of the learning throughout the school. Our focus was ‘Inclusion’ in its broadest sense; making sure that all pupils are participating fully in the learning.

For example, we looked at whether the work was suitably challenging for all pupils, whether there were props to promote learning through doing, and even whether the physical layout of the classroom meant that all children could take part in the lesson.

I was very impressed with what I saw: there was a really positive attitude to learning throughout the school. The children were all working hard, but having fun and working really well together. The children were also incredibly polite and articulate, confidently telling me about their lessons.

Thank you to the teachers and pupils for making me so welcome, and sharing their lessons with me.

 

Alison Wilkinson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share